Developing A Plan to Succeed
Our strategy services chart the way to profit for you and your business.
Commercialization Strategy Consulting
Prior to the resource-intensive Engineering phase of product development, our Commercialization Strategy Consulting services utilize a structured approach to identify and plan for unforeseen hurdles to positively affect your product’s market viability. We focus on three strategic areas for your success:
- The BUSINESS: Understanding your customers, developing a business and marketing plan, and identifying a sales strategy for your best return on investment
- The PATHWAY: Satisfying regulatory requirements and understanding the reimbursement options while meeting clinical needs of users, patients, providers, and caregivers
- The TECHNOLOGY: Developing product concepts that create competitive advantage and are in line with stakeholders’ needs and financial goals
The Value of a Strategic Approach
The commercialization strategies for consumer health and medical devices are fundamentally different than other products, even if they share common technology. Factors such as regulatory requirements, diverse payment models, and multiple stakeholders present additional challenges for these products that require careful planning and risk-mitigation strategies to reach the market. The right expertise at this critical phase helps ensure that subsequent development efforts are focused and features are already validated. As a partner in your success, Simbex strategy consulting services include:
- Product market definition and market analysis
- Expertise in regulatory and healthcare reimbursement
- Strategic business models, sales, and distribution
- Identifying and obtaining funding and investment
- Intellectual Property development and evaluation
Need Strategic Assistance?
Since its founding, Simbex has been helping innovators de-risk their product development through the experience we have gained in our own product development efforts. Over the past decade, two federally funded commercialization centers have leveraged Simbex experience to help over 500 product ideas in the pediatric and rehabilitation markets.
Translation of Rehabilitation Engineering Advances and Technology
TREAT’s mandate is to help the inventors overcome hurdles in the commercialization process. Funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), TREAT offers a variety of assistance programs to assess products, technology, or services and define objective measures and milestones.
Learn More: www.treatcenter.org
New England Pediatric Device Consortium
NEPDC, funded from 2013 to 2019 by the FDA’s Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD), is a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional, collaborative consortium that provides infrastructure, expert consultation, and execution of technology translation and commercialization to innovators of pediatric technologies.
Learn More: www.nepdc.org
"This framework has made the process of taking an invention from the lab to market more understandable for our researchers."